Sunday, January 17, 2010

Menu January 11-17

Crud. I just typed a great post with our menu from the whole week and it fell into the abyss. I hate it when you write something on the computer and -blip- it's just gone for some reason. I'll try to give at least a brief repost.

There will eventually be links to recipes but if I don't just get started, the details of getting it perfect are going to keep me from ever getting started. So here goes...

Breakfasts: Egg Scrambles with some combination of pears, bell peppers, onion, sausage, or bacon, Egg Torte on Sunday

Lunches: Leftovers from dinner meals. Saves time in the kitchen with little ones.

Dinners:
M - Burgers with Spinach, Egg & Feta* cooked in, no bun, dipped in Brianna's New American Dressing with Sweet Potato Fries
T - Vegetable Chicken Soup
W - Shrimp Stir Fry
Th - Chicken Spaghetti (made with Spaghetti Squash)
F - Ladies Night at Newk's for me (Newk's Favorite Salad**), Drew had BBQ pork from Whitt's and leftover spaghetti squash
Sa - Tri Tip Steak with Roasted Butternut Squash
Su - Random Cut of Pork with Fennel/Anise and Baked Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon

Accidental cheat at Around the Way Dog on Saturday at lunch: I was ordering and got distracted with the kids and forgot to ask them to hold the brown sugar on the sweet potato fries. They were great, but by no means paleo. Ah well!

Snacks this week: pears, bananas, almonds, pecans, coconut bliss "ice cream", almond butter, apples

* Not Paleo but eating it out of the pantry/fridge
** Salad had some likely not-Paleo items: Sherry Viniagrette, dried cranberries, Gorgonzola cheese. I opted out of croutons. Next time I'll get 1/2 dressing and cranberries. With all the other tasty things in it, I'll never miss it.

I've been going to bed between 9 and 10pm most nights and I'm feeling good and energized. Good sleep is helping SO much with curbing my Dr Pepper cravings. I even drove right by a Sonic at 3pm (the middle of happy hour) without feeling the need to pull in. That's saying something!

No comments: